Always be prepared!
Emergencies may strike anytime, anywhere on the road. It is best to know what to do in such events. Here is our quick guide to help you in untoward incidents.
- KEEP CALM. Whether it is because of a fender-bender, a flat tire, floods, or your car just stopping for no apparent reason, be calm.
- Immediately survey your surroundings. Do NOT simply get out of your car. Make sure you are in a well-lit area. If not, and if your car is still mobile, drive to the nearest gas station. Otherwise, stay inside and immediately use your mobile phone to call for assistance.
- If your car is immobile but you are in a well-lit area, do NOT get out immediately. Look for traffic aides and if there are none, call for assistance. We have emergency numbers now. Use them J
- If your tire is flat, try to nurse it to the nearest gas station. If you can change the tire yourself, make sure you get the car to the side of the road, or into an Emergency Bay. Do NOT leave the car in the middle of the road.
- If there is no way to move a stalled car, ensure that you are in a safe environment. If so, step out, lock the doors, take your car’s Early Warning Device, set it up on the road, get back in the car, and call for assistance
- In case of vehicle fires, stop the car and get out IMMEDIATELY (of course making sure that no other vehicle will hit you on your way out). Call for assistance and distance yourself from the burning vehicle.
- If you see an accident, do NOT slow down just to look at the accident. Keep a slower pace, but keep moving forward to not aggravate traffic jams.