What are the essentials that you should wear when riding a motorcycle?
Here in our country, wearing of helmets is the only thing that is stressed in the law. It is stated on Republic Act 10054 or the Motorcycle Helmet Act of 2009, it is mandatory that “all motorcycle riders, including drivers and back riders, shall at all times wear standard protective motorcycle helmets while driving, whether long or short drives, in any type of road or highway.” However, a motorcycle rider is more exposed when driving. Ideally, there are more proper gear to wear when riding a motorcycle because the driver needs more protection from the environment that he/she is exposed to.
The list of gear includes:
– A proper DOT, ECE, or SNELL certified helmet to protect the head
– Long sleeved top with jacket and pants (preferably padded) so your arms and legs are protected from the heat of the sun and from raindrops from pelting your skin.
– Gloves to protect your hand from injuries as this is the part of your body that is crucial in maintaining control of the motorcycle.
– Closed shoes or boots. Boots are still the best as it protects your ankles. Boots with good tread design on the sole keeps the feet from slipping.
– It is also recommended that the rider wears reflective clothing at night so they would be more visible at night to other motorists.
Have anything more to share? You may share your thoughts on the comment section on our Facebook page.